Windows 10 was first launched in 2015, but it wasn’t until January 2018 that it finally passed Windows 7 as the most widely used Windows operating system in the world. Up until that time, Windows 7 held that title for about 10 years. That means that even now there are a lot of people using Windows 7 out there, making the question about which antivirus is best for Windows 7 still highly relevant. This is especially true given the myriad of existing and emerging risks challenging our cybersecurity today. Yet, another compelling reason to get the best antivirus, is that, according to windowsreport.com, Microsoft is officially ending Windows 7 support in January 2020. This makes installing the best antivirus solution on your Windows 7 computer crucial to your overall cyber protection.
To prevent hackers from infecting your Windows 7 computer with viruses or malware, look for an antivirus program that has the following features:
- Multiple levels of real-time protection that safeguards your computer and data against viruses, bots, ransomware, rootkits, spyware, Trojans worms, network attacks, web threats, and adware.
- Spam and email filters that scan your incoming emails to make sure they aren’t spam and don’t have malware attached to them.
- Real-time protection against phishing, and browser protection to keep you from accessing dangerous URLs.
- Regularly scheduled updates to make sure the AV’s signature database is up-to-date with the latest viruses and malware.
- A child filter that blocks access to sites that are inappropriate for children and webcam protection to keep hackers from accessing your camera.
- A light system load for minimal interference or impact on your PC’s performance.